We are excited to announce an opportunity for a Lead Software Developer to join our dynamic product development team. Reporting directly to the Senior Director of Software Engineering, you will play a pivotal role in shaping our platform’s future and be part of a team that thrives on challenges and innovation.
As the Lead Software Developer, you will leverage your expertise and knowledge of multiple systems and customer areas to contribute to the development and support of applications. In this role, you will not have a team to manage initially, but your leadership qualities will be essential as you help build a robust, scalable, and reliable platform for the future. You will collaborate with passionate leaders and be part of an experienced engineering team. The ideal candidate will possess a good balance of technology and people management skills; has a keen desire to deeply understand our products and services to push our technology forward with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, and scalability and fully own the delivery of the product.
As Lead Software Developer, you will:
- Perform coding/configuration, testing, implementation and documentation on solutions developed including design specifications.
- Perform applications programming activities, to include code, test, debug, document, maintain, and modify applications programs.
- Layout technical vision for the team and lead the design for the product while ensuring high quality development.
- Leverage modern cloud-first technologies to create efficient and performance processes.
- Partner effectively and influence peers and senior leadership both within the organization.
- Ability to extract, analyze, and report the data.
- Strong attention to detail when identifying data relationships, trends, and anomalies.
- Thinking through long-term impacts of key design decisions and handling failure scenarios.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and evaluate applicability of new software tools to platform development.
- Commit to overall deliverables with customers and/or management.
- Serve as a coach and mentor to future junior developers to include delegating and managing tasks, as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years experience as a software developer.
- 4 to 5 years of software development experience with a focus on PHP and AWS Cloud.
- Experience in building large scale distributed systems with high availability, scalability, and resilience.
- Proficient in AWS Cloud Eco System.
- Proficient in PHP and Laravel Framework.
- Proficient in CI/CD process and tools.
- Proficient in PHP and other backend technologies.
- Proficient in Database technologies. Preference for MySQL.
- Proficient in mobile development (iOS/Android).
- An advanced understanding of processes and practices which contribute to the reliability, maintainability, security, simplicity, performance, and testability of software.
- Demonstrated success in defining and implementing process improvements.
- Experienced knowledge of maintaining and debugging live software systems. Proactively engage in the remediation of software issues related to code or solutions quality, security, and/or pattern/frameworks and software usability or end user related issues.
- Deep understanding of issues involved in delivering, deploying and supporting an integrated suite of products.
- Ability to grasp new areas; and adapt to changes.
- Knowledge and experience working in payments industry preferred.
- Participate in vendor relationship, contract management, and implementation planning preferred.
We are seeking a candidate who is not only skilled in technology but also exhibits strong communication skills, collaborative spirit, and a genuine passion for staying at the forefront of technological advancements. This role offers an opportunity to make a significant impact as you contribute to our platform’s growth and innovation.
If you are driven by innovation, enjoy challenges, and are eager to work with cutting-edge technologies, we encourage you to apply and be part of our journey in creating exceptional solutions for our customers.
Excited about this role but don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and other marginalized groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Togetherwork we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The Company offers a comprehensive employee benefits program, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- 100% Employer paid short/long term disability
- Basic Life
- 401(k) option with 100% company match
- Flexible paid personal/vacation time built on mutual trust and accountability
- 10 sick days annually
- 9 company paid holidays
- 6 weeks paid parental leave
Inclusion and Diversity: Togetherwork is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are a company where diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are valued. Togetherwork does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, age, ethnic or national origin, or any other basis protected by all local, state or federal laws.
Salary Range Disclosure
The base range represents the low and high end of the Togetherwork salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on factors including, but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Togetherwork’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include discretionary bonuses, long term incentives, a flexible paid vacation/personal time policy, 6 weeks paid parental leave and more.
US Remote: $115,000 – $125,000 USD per year
Excited about this position but the salary is a little below your expectations? Tell us what you need to make you happy, and we will see if we can make it happen based on how closely your skills and experience fit the qualifications of this position
Togetherwork provides integrated software and financial solutions to a wide range of communities and organizations including associations, camps, unions, fraternities & sororities, gyms, dance studios, religious congregations, pet services, and more.
Our mission-critical tools help our customers manage and grow their communities, and enhance the depth and breadth of their member engagement. Our team is united in its desire to help our clients better serve and empower their communities.
CCPA Disclosure Notice Here.