Lead Software Engineer (Remote- US Based)
The Lead Software Engineer position reports to Vice President, Software Engineering and is responsible for the development, delivery and support of applications leveraging his/her expertise and knowledge of multiple systems/customer areas to help build a robust, scalable, and reliable platform. You will be a part of an experienced engineering team and work with passionate leaders on challenging topics. The ideal candidate will possess a good balance of technology and people management skills; has a keen desire to deeply understand our products and services to push our technology forward with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, and scalability and fully own the delivery of the product.
- Perform coding/configuration, testing, implementation, and documentation on solutions developed including design specifications.
- Perform applications programming activities, to include code, test, debug, document, maintain, and modify applications programs.
- Layout technical vision for the team and lead the design for the product while ensuring high quality development.
- Leverage modern cloud-first technologies to create efficient and performant processes.
- Partner effectively and influence peers and senior leadership both within the organization.
- Ability to extract, analyze, and report data.
- Strong attention to detail when identifying data relationships, trends, and anomalies.
- Thinking through long-term impacts of key design decisions and handling failure scenarios.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and evaluate applicability of new software tools to
- platform development.
- Serve as a coach and mentor to more junior developers to include delegating and managing tasks, as appropriate.
- Commit to overall deliverables with customers and/or management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5-10 years experience as a Lead Software Engineer or similar role
- Bachelors in Computer Science of related field
- Experience in building large scale distributed systems with high availability, scalability, and resilience.
- An advanced understanding of processes and practices which contribute to the reliability, maintainability, security, simplicity, performance, and testability of software.
- Experience in Scrum methodologies
- Demonstrated success in defining and implementing process improvements.
- Participate in vendor relationship, contract management, and implementation planning.
- Experienced knowledge of maintaining and debugging live software systems.
- Proactively engage in the remediation of software issues related to code or solutions quality, security, and/or pattern/frameworks and software usability or end user related issues.
- Deep understanding of issues involved in delivering, deploying, and supporting an integrated suite of products.
- Ability to grasp new areas; and adapt to changes.
- Proficient in AWS Cloud Eco System.
- Proficient in CI/CD process and tools.
- Proficient in PHP and PHP frameworks.
- Proficient in Database technologies.
- Proficient in mobile development (iOS/Android)
- Knowledge and experience working in the payments industry.
- Proficient in MySQL
- Experience with distribution methodologies around .Net applications
- Previous experience with React and React Native
- Previous knowledge of Rock climbing or gym experience
- Previous B2B experience with a customer base of 1000+ customers
Excited about this role but don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and other marginalized groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Togetherwork we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The Company offers a comprehensive employee benefits program, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- 100% Employer paid short/long term disability
- Basic Life
- 401(k) option with 100% company match
- Flexible paid personal/vacation time built on mutual trust and accountability
- 10 sick days annually
- 10 company paid holidays
- 6 weeks paid parental leave
Inclusion and Diversity: Togetherwork is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are a company where diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are valued. Togetherwork does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, age, ethnic or national origin, or any other basis protected by all local, state or federal laws.
Salary Range Disclosure
The base range represents the low and high end of the Togetherwork salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on factors including, but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Togetherwork’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include discretionary bonuses, long term incentives, a flexible paid vacation/personal time policy, 6 weeks paid parental leave and more.
US Remote: $120,000- $130,000 USD per year plus bonus
Who we are
Togetherwork provides integrated software and financial solutions to a wide range of communities and organizations including associations, camps, unions, fraternities & sororities, gyms, dance studios, religious congregations, pet services, and more.
Our mission-critical tools help our customers manage and grow their communities, and enhance the depth and breadth of their member engagement. Our team is united in its desire to help our clients better serve and empower their communities.
CCPA Disclosure Notice: Clik Here