NOTE: This role is onsite in Tuscaloosa, AL, United States
The Accounting Intern position supports the team by providing data entry and bookkeeping support in the Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Cash Management, and Financial reporting areas of our business. This position is expected to take initiative in learning our software and working with different managers to assist with various projects.
- Perform data entry tasks to assist the Accounts Receivable Manager on monthly invoicing of clients accounts and general billing issues
- Enter clients vendor invoices and other data entry to assist the Accounts Payable Manager with expense tracking and timely payment of the client vendor invoices
- Record cash transactions and reconcile client bank accounts monthly.
- Pursuit of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Completion of 200 level accounting course
- Available to work a minimum of 15 hours per week
- Available to work for at least 3 consecutive school semesters
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to deal with variety of options in varying situations
- A high degree of attention to detail
- Skill adaptability to meet changing job conditions
- Have a knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping principles
- Beginner knowledge of budgets and bank reconciliations
- Develop documents following a prescribed format
- Understand complex, multistep written and oral instructions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- An unquestionable work ethic and the ability to accomplish established goals
- Ability to manage resources
- The ability to concentrate for extended periods (several hours) with interruptions
- Professional in appearance and presentation to client
Excited about this role but don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and other marginalized groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Togetherwork we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Inclusion and Diversity: Togetherwork is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are a company where diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are valued. Togetherwork does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, age, ethnic or national origin, or any other basis protected by all local, state or federal laws.
Salary Range Disclosure
The base range represents the low and high end of the Togetherwork salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on factors including, but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Togetherwork’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include discretionary bonuses, long term incentives, a flexible paid vacation/personal time policy, 6 weeks paid parental leave and more.
US Remote: $12.00- $15.00 USD per year
Excited about this position but the salary is a little below your expectations? Tell us what you need to make you happy, and we will see if we can make it happen based on how closely your skills and experience fit the qualifications of this position.
Togetherwork provides integrated software and financial solutions to a wide range of communities and organizations including associations, camps, unions, fraternities & sororities, gyms, dance studios, religious congregations, pet services, and more.
Our mission-critical tools help our customers manage and grow their communities, and enhance the depth and breadth of their member engagement. Our team is united in its desire to help our clients better serve and empower their communities.
CCPA Disclosure Notice Here.