DevOps Engineer (Remote-US Based)
The DevOps Engineer manages products integral to developing new software or supporting developers in that effort. DevOps Engineers create a bridge between development and operations by applying a software engineering mindset to system administration topics. They split their time between operations and developing systems and software that help increase site reliability and performance. A DevOps Engineer combines an understanding of both engineering and coding, and they assist developers and other personnel by managing infrastructure pertaining to software. A DevOps Engineer works with various departments to create and develop systems within a company. From creating and implementing systems software to analyzing data to improve existing ones, a DevOps Engineer increases productivity in the workplace. A DevOps Engineer works to balance various aspects of a project, most of them complex issues such as programming and network building.
- Deployment, automation, management, and maintenance of AWS cloud-based systems with diverse needs and requirements for many services
- Ensuring availability, performance, security, and scalability of AWS production systems
- Management of creation, release, and configuration of production systems
- Evaluation of new technology alternatives and vendor products
- System troubleshooting and problem resolution across various application domains and platforms.
- Pre-production acceptance testing for quality assurance
- Provision of critical system security by leveraging best practices and prolific cloud security solutions.
- Providing recommendations for architecture and process improvements
- Definition and deployment of systems for metrics, logging, and monitoring on AWS platform
- Designing, maintenance and management of tools for automation of different operational processes
- 3 years of DevOps experience
- 1 year of experience with Terraform
- Git/Version Control System
- Experience with either Windows or Linux Servers Knowledge
- At least 3 years of experience building secure, reliable, scalable services in AWS/Azure
- Demonstrated competency with the following AWS services: ECS, EC2, ECR, S3, VPC, IAM, CloudFront, SQS, Lambda
- Experience in code development in at least one high-level programming language
- Knowledge of operating system administration
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, in clear and fluent English, ensuring clarity and understanding in all interactions
- Strong understanding of how to secure AWS environments and meet compliance requirements
- Experience with multi-tier architectures: load balancers, caching, web servers, application servers, databases, and networking
- working with multiple production environments with varying technology stacks that require context switching.
- AWS Disaster Recovery design and deployment across regions a plus
Tools we use
- Web servers: Apache, NGINX, IIS
- Cloud Providers: AWS, Azure
- Infrastructure-as-Code: Terraform
- Telemetry: Datadog Experience in creation of highly automated infrastructures
- Comprehensive knowledge regarding contemporary processes and methodologies for development and operations
Excited about this role but don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and other marginalized groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Togetherwork we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The Company offers a comprehensive employee benefits program, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- 100% Employer paid short/long term disability
- Basic Life
- 401(k) option with 100% company match
- Flexible paid personal/vacation time built on mutual trust and accountability
- 10 sick days annually
- 10 company paid holidays
- 6 weeks paid parental leave
Inclusion and Diversity: Togetherwork is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are a company where diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are valued. Togetherwork does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, age, ethnic or national origin, or any other basis protected by all local, state or federal laws.
Salary Range Disclosure
The base range represents the low and high end of the Togetherwork salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on factors including, but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Togetherwork’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include discretionary bonuses, long term incentives, a flexible paid vacation/personal time policy, 6 weeks paid parental leave and more.
US Remote: $120,000- $130,000 USD per year
Who we are
Togetherwork provides integrated software and financial solutions to a wide range of communities and organizations including associations, camps, unions, fraternities & sororities, gyms, dance studios, religious congregations, pet services, and more.
Our mission-critical tools help our customers manage and grow their communities, and enhance the depth and breadth of their member engagement. Our team is united in its desire to help our clients better serve and empower their communities.
CCPA Disclosure Notice: Clik Here